Airconditioning Service and Faults
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICING
Your car's air conditioning requires servicing at least every two years, regular servicing will ensure longer component life and efficient operation.
Servicing your air conditioning includes:- 25 point system check; complete evacuation; oil and dye (when required); recharge your system to correct level; and system performance test.
Maintaining your air conditioning system does not just mean you always have enough refrigerant. Maintenance is ensuring that the vehicles system is working as efficiently as it should.
Small leaks in the vehicle’s air conditioning system allow the refrigerant to escape and the system can’t cool the air as well. This may not be a sudden change, more so a gradual change, as the vehicle and its components age.
The obvious faults which are associated with an Air Conditioning systems breaking down are;
· The drive belt tension
· Blocked air flow through the Condenser and Radiator
· Visible signs of Refrigerant oil stain at the compressor, hoses, pipes or fittings.
· Loose or faulty compressor mounting brackets
· Service port caps missing which have leaking valves
Anything beyond this visual inspection then requires a Air Conditioning Service.
Only a fully qualified air conditioning technician can carry out this service which will provide you with the peace of mind that your vehicle is handled with care. Northside Radiators are a certified air conditioning repairer and can carry out all necessary repairs to get your air vehicles conditioner working to its optimal performance.
AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM FAULTS
Most common fault is low refrigerant charge.
Other common faults:
- Slow leak in the system - ie compressor, seals, evaporator or condenser.
- Blockage in the expansion valve, receiver driver or refrigerant line.
- Slipping air conditioning unit compressor clutch.
- Electrical fault.